Art and Design
Art and Design
At New Regents College we aim to give our pupils an exciting and stimulating Art and Design experience. Pupils focus on Art from around the world to enrich their learning. They have the opportunity to learn about Art and Artists throughout history which will inform their artwork.
Pupils are encouraged to develop skills such as research, investigation and experimentation. They will be taught fundamental drawing and mark-making techniques and will explore the properties of a wide range of media in both 2 and 3 dimensions.
The most important element is that pupils enjoy their learning whilst developing confidence and being proud of their achievements.
The Art and Design National curriculum is designed to ensure that pupils:
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
For more information on the National curriculum please visit:
In addition to Art lesson pupils are also provided with a range of additional learning opportunities including:
- Visits to Art Galleries or other creative trips such as photography
- Using art across the curriculum